Greatest Worth:John Scott on Ashtanga Yoga & Anatomy

Watch Stu Girling as he interviews John Scott.

Subscribe to our channel for more demonstrations, interviews, philosophy and guidance on Ashtanga Yoga

Join our online Ashtanga community on Facebook

For details about upcoming events with Yoga teachers like David Keil, Gretchen Suarez, Dena Kingsberg, Jack Wiseman, Mark Darby, Kino MacGregor, Tim Feldmann, Petri Raisanen, David Robson, Clayton Horton, Jeff & Harmony Litchty, Alexander Medin, Maria Boox visit

Film by Nikhil Kripalani

Filmed on location at the Ashtanga Yoga Bali Research Center with Prem and Radha. This movie looks at how to work with a correct body position to get the most out of these postures and provide a safe and health practice. Special thanks to our student for the day Siri who now has her own yoga space in Oslo, Norway. You can check out her website here www.akerselva-ashtanga.no
For Articles, Courses, Apps and more go to https://loveyogaanatomy.com
You can follow Stu on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/stu_girling

★ Stu’s 2021 Yoga Anatomy book! Illustrated Yoga Anatomy
Now shipping to UK, Europe and the USA
Learn more about anatomy in the context of yoga:

Yoga Anatomy Book

1. dove m

October 6, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Incredible video ~ could listen to these talks all day <333

2. Jamespham

October 6, 2021 at 3:40 pm

It would be nice if John can demonstrate when he gives an example. So the part about feeling "dizzy" on the forward bend and up I think I got it but not sure. Ashtanga can be complicated yet the practice is so rewarding. Thanks for a beautiful video.

3. Dylan Drummond

October 6, 2021 at 4:00 pm

John Scott has become my favourite teacher. He offers so much philosophical and practical insight. Thanks for sharing these and the full classes. So helpful.

4. Saranya Umesh

October 6, 2021 at 4:57 pm

5. dabrownone

October 6, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Everything changed when the yoga nation attackef

6. مهنا طيب

October 6, 2021 at 6:06 pm

7. Joel Patterson

October 6, 2021 at 6:10 pm

You inspire me Mr. Scott. Far out!

8. Gary Green

October 6, 2021 at 6:44 pm

As a guru or trainer (educator ) Was that his offering to God each breath and movement he counted as his offering as thank you to God for my life thank you God for giving me this chance we repay you with happiness in our body and thoughs as i help Them breath and move together as a prayer

9. Matteo Sollecito

October 6, 2021 at 7:14 pm

John, we appreciate your work, but the beard braid distracts from your ability to share your expertise. If you want people to focus on what you’re saying, you should not wear that beard.

10. Claire Patch

October 6, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Loved this interview can't believe all the bitchy comments

11. jack rees

October 6, 2021 at 8:25 pm

THIS REALLY SUCKS ASS I AM 5 MINUTES INTO THIS SHIT AND IT REALLY SUCKS ASS NOT ONLY AN ASS BUT BALLS… AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REALLY BORING WITH ALL EXHALE AND INHALE STUFF….BOOOOOOOOOOO

12. jack rees

October 6, 2021 at 8:38 pm

SCOTTY MY MAN WHAT THE FU.. IS HANGING OF YOUR CHIN WITH LIL TINY WINEE BEADS…….???DOES THAT THINGY MAKES YOU FLEXIBLE…

13. jack rees

October 6, 2021 at 8:39 pm

here is an iNsIght for all of you GO F…. YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOGA IS A RELIGION BE CAREFUL…………

14. Kirby Eresman

October 6, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Beautiful explanations thank you

15. Laura Belford

October 6, 2021 at 9:47 pm

That's how you get from Bakasana to handstand! … become a bird.

16. freddie french

October 6, 2021 at 10:15 pm

he has a kind of blankness in his eye

17. freddie french

October 6, 2021 at 10:30 pm

I have been following John Scott for many years – he appears to be deteriorating – and that snake thing on his chin can only be distracting for him and others – i guess he likes to fiddle with it

18. Cynthia Herzog

October 6, 2021 at 11:28 pm

wonderful interview!

19. Alison Newsome

October 7, 2021 at 12:04 am

Great interview really inspiring and informative!!

20. YogaRepublic

October 7, 2021 at 12:10 am

I have been following John Scott for many years , when he was still in the Uk teaching very small groups with he's wife… I have a great respect and always thought that he was the one to bring a good understanding of Ashtanga to Europe with the softness and way of thinking of a British man. What happened to him? Since he moved to New Zealand, not the same man anymore. I believe that he is very knowledgeable, but has managed to take out the fun and freedom of Ashtanga with too many details. Not sure if I make my point clear, as this is not an attack to a great teacher but a true questioning and verbalising of thoughts which I would love to hear another's opinion about. Namaste. S

21. ila ila

October 7, 2021 at 12:21 am

At 4.20 onwards wrists are behind shoulders which is not healthy for wrists. We are supposed to either move hands slightly higher or use feet to move backwards before upward dog I think.?

22. afsoon kayvani

October 7, 2021 at 12:56 am

gentle teaching

23. T T

October 7, 2021 at 1:51 am

Is this vinyasa
    flow?

24. Yoga With Kalidasa

October 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

I really like this transition

25. Maria

October 7, 2021 at 2:49 am

try placing your wrists not under your shoulders but under the tops of the shoulder so they are on a diagonal slightly out in front of the shoulder . that bend in your students wrists is making me wince.

26. Louise T

October 7, 2021 at 3:25 am

You are back lit … makes it hard to see & fully appreciate the beautiful setting

27. TV충성

October 7, 2021 at 4:23 am

안녕. Jesus christ loves you. Jesus died on the cross. Instead of me by loving cana. For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begetton son. That whosoever beliveth in him should not perish. But have everlasting life. Jo 3 : 16. JO 14 : 6. Good action.

28. StephAnn Cayetano

October 7, 2021 at 4:29 am

This is super helpful for fine tuning my technique!

29. Mr. Calmer

October 7, 2021 at 4:34 am

That intro picture behind you Stu! hahaha

30. Sarah Marie

October 7, 2021 at 5:19 am

Over time, there will always be an area (or many) in which yoga really challenges a person. As someone who has practiced yoga for a few years, I've never been able to understand chaturanga and how my body should move. Instructors have tried to guide me but my arm strength has always been weaker than most and my emotions around this pose have grown increasingly jaded. Such blockage mentally can really hold a person back from continuing yoga. This video explained the different poses in such an enlightening way. I'm starting back at the basics with this area of my practice and I'm so thankful for this video and the instructions. Some people are quick to point out things the instructors missed, which is great because I'm able to learn even more through such analysis, but I'm grateful for the details provided. I actually feel as if I can overcome this barrier. Thank you!

31. Promo Codes

October 7, 2021 at 6:13 am

Nice video.From Titow sports.

32. Saloni Singh

October 7, 2021 at 6:31 am

this was very helpful, thanks!

33. Fina Ayu Wardani

October 7, 2021 at 7:30 am

I have difficulty in doing chaturanga and think it is not helpful for me.

34. verve2030

October 7, 2021 at 7:42 am

Worst lighting ever. why not just shoot it in the dark.

35. George Kritikos

October 7, 2021 at 8:28 am

I have been struggling with chaturanga quite some time now….This video is great but I have one question. I don't want to ruin my flow and if I do these modifications they take up so much time during the class. Is there any suggestion?

36. Paula Johnson

October 7, 2021 at 9:14 am

Very helpful…thank you so much!!

37. Elizabeth Frankcom

October 7, 2021 at 9:22 am

No mention of keeping the elbows close to the body, or positioning of arms when in plank, otherwise very helpful.

38. D. James C.

October 7, 2021 at 10:06 am

Hi beautiful location.Is there a reason you PUSH AND SLIDE your feet and back  @ 1:41?  and at 5:35.Is this creating a solid foundation in a shorter downdog? please keep posting videos.

39. SiriPal

October 7, 2021 at 11:02 am

Great advice with the energy lines and the half shalabhasana – thanks for sharing!

Low cost:July Favorites | Vitality Cleaning Instruments, Mexican Blanket Yoga Mat, + Life-Altering Guide! Flip Professional!

Listed below are my faves of the month, amigas!
Florida Water: https://bit.ly/3zV6nNb
Cinnamon Incense: https://bit.ly/3oQ41cb
Aura Smudge Smokeless Sage: https://bit.ly/3BFHR3S
Mexican Blanket as a Yoga Mat: https://bit.ly/3bxc9eM
Guide: Turning Professional by Steven Pressfield: https://bit.ly/3Q1HvsQ

Join with me!
Instagram: @DulceCandy

Comply with my new Self-Love model, Candy Soul: @SweetSoul on IG
TikTok @xDulceCandyx
Comply with my private web page! @LaVidaDulceCandy
Fb + Twitter: @DulceCandy

Ship me a letter! I like, LOVE to listen to from you!
Dulce Sweet, Inc.

3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd Suite 243
Los Angeles CA 91604

For enterprise inquiries, please e-mail:
dulcecandyruiz@gmail.com

*This video is just not sponsored*

TheYogaNews.com:Can this set be practiced Yoga and Fitness center #002 #000

#bikini #tryon

TheYogaNews.com:Greatest 5 Asanas For Calm Your Thoughts | Yoga Poses for Stress Aid and Anxiousness | Shivangi Desai

Which activity helps you calm your mind? Comment

Calm mind can solve all your problems.

Yoga and meditation can really help in this…

Here are best Asanas for calm mind:

1. Balasana
The balasana yoga or the asana helps release any tension in the chest. It is also why people trust yoga for better sleep. It relaxes the back and spine and enables people to trust in yoga for good sleep. It alleviates the stress felt by your shoulders and hands.

2. Butterfly pose
Butterfly Pose helps loosen up your low back, hips, and inner thighs, which may ease discomfort and help you feel better overall. It can also have a calming, relaxing effect, which may help you manage and let go of stress.

3. Virabhadrasana
Virabhadrasana 2 benefits people who want to reduce stress. The stretching action of this asana enhances your circulation. This calms your mind, improves your cognitive functioning, and prevents age-related neurological disorders.

4. Vrikshasana
It strengthens the legs, and opens the hips, improves your neuro mascular coordination, helps with balance and endurance, improves alertness and concentration, Vriksasana is an advanced mountain pose, intended to improve the yogi’s balance and concentration. Not only will this pose helps strengthen the balancing muscles in the legs, it is a great way to let your stressful day go.

5. Prasarita Padottanasana
The top benefit of this asana is it improves blood circulation to the brain and calms the mind. It’s also a stretch for the complete body. This pose stretches the backs of the legs – Hamstrings, calves, glutes and lower back, improves hip joint flexibility, strengthens the feet, acts as a semi inversion, creates length in the spine, improves posture, provides rest to the heart, helps to turn inward.

Do these asanas for 15-30 mins a day for peaceful mind
#shiavngidesai #fitbharatmission #yogasana #asanas #yoga # exercises #balasana #butterflypose #virbhadrasana2 #vrikshasana #prasaritapadottanasana #trendingreel #viralreel #viral #trending #health #reel #reelsindia fit bharat wellness mental health fit bharat latest

Like this yoga workout? Thumbs up above and Subscribe: http://bit.ly/z7ZO27

Love yoga but short on time? Tara Stiles’ yoga routine only takes five minutes and builds core strength. Tone and strengthen your abs and lower back with this calming and quick flow that you can do anytime!

Exercise Overview:

Boat Pose
Leg Lower and Lift
Plow Pose

There’s more Yoga Solution where this came from: http://bit.ly/ylLJdp

Want more advanced yoga videos? http://bit.ly/QCaws7

About The Yoga Solution:

Have a problem that needs a Yoga Solution? Tara Stiles is here to help! Leave a question, comment or video response below.

Led by inspirational teacher and “Yoga Rebel” Tara Stiles, The Yoga Solution is a weekly series that offers fun ad simple ways for yoga to help improve your life. Whether you’re new to yoga or have been practicing for years, Tara’s easy-to-follow and approachable instruction will guide you towards living well every day.

Connect with LIVESTRONG Woman:

Explore: http://www.livestrong.com/woman/
Like: http://www.facebook.com/livestrongwoman
Follow: http://www.twitter.com/LIVESTRONG_COM More Tara: http://www.youtube.com/user/TaraStilesYoga

Some More Yoga Videos You Might Like: