Greatest Worth:John Scott on Ashtanga Yoga & Anatomy

Watch Stu Girling as he interviews John Scott.

Subscribe to our channel for more demonstrations, interviews, philosophy and guidance on Ashtanga Yoga

Join our online Ashtanga community on Facebook

For details about upcoming events with Yoga teachers like David Keil, Gretchen Suarez, Dena Kingsberg, Jack Wiseman, Mark Darby, Kino MacGregor, Tim Feldmann, Petri Raisanen, David Robson, Clayton Horton, Jeff & Harmony Litchty, Alexander Medin, Maria Boox visit

Film by Nikhil Kripalani

Filmed on location at the Ashtanga Yoga Bali Research Center with Prem and Radha. This movie looks at how to work with a correct body position to get the most out of these postures and provide a safe and health practice. Special thanks to our student for the day Siri who now has her own yoga space in Oslo, Norway. You can check out her website here www.akerselva-ashtanga.no
For Articles, Courses, Apps and more go to https://loveyogaanatomy.com
You can follow Stu on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/stu_girling

★ Stu’s 2021 Yoga Anatomy book! Illustrated Yoga Anatomy
Now shipping to UK, Europe and the USA
Learn more about anatomy in the context of yoga:

Yoga Anatomy Book

1. dove m

October 6, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Incredible video ~ could listen to these talks all day <333

2. Jamespham

October 6, 2021 at 3:40 pm

It would be nice if John can demonstrate when he gives an example. So the part about feeling "dizzy" on the forward bend and up I think I got it but not sure. Ashtanga can be complicated yet the practice is so rewarding. Thanks for a beautiful video.

3. Dylan Drummond

October 6, 2021 at 4:00 pm

John Scott has become my favourite teacher. He offers so much philosophical and practical insight. Thanks for sharing these and the full classes. So helpful.

4. Saranya Umesh

October 6, 2021 at 4:57 pm

5. dabrownone

October 6, 2021 at 5:38 pm

Everything changed when the yoga nation attackef

6. مهنا طيب

October 6, 2021 at 6:06 pm

7. Joel Patterson

October 6, 2021 at 6:10 pm

You inspire me Mr. Scott. Far out!

8. Gary Green

October 6, 2021 at 6:44 pm

As a guru or trainer (educator ) Was that his offering to God each breath and movement he counted as his offering as thank you to God for my life thank you God for giving me this chance we repay you with happiness in our body and thoughs as i help Them breath and move together as a prayer

9. Matteo Sollecito

October 6, 2021 at 7:14 pm

John, we appreciate your work, but the beard braid distracts from your ability to share your expertise. If you want people to focus on what you’re saying, you should not wear that beard.

10. Claire Patch

October 6, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Loved this interview can't believe all the bitchy comments

11. jack rees

October 6, 2021 at 8:25 pm

THIS REALLY SUCKS ASS I AM 5 MINUTES INTO THIS SHIT AND IT REALLY SUCKS ASS NOT ONLY AN ASS BUT BALLS… AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REALLY BORING WITH ALL EXHALE AND INHALE STUFF….BOOOOOOOOOOO

12. jack rees

October 6, 2021 at 8:38 pm

SCOTTY MY MAN WHAT THE FU.. IS HANGING OF YOUR CHIN WITH LIL TINY WINEE BEADS…….???DOES THAT THINGY MAKES YOU FLEXIBLE…

13. jack rees

October 6, 2021 at 8:39 pm

here is an iNsIght for all of you GO F…. YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOGA IS A RELIGION BE CAREFUL…………

14. Kirby Eresman

October 6, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Beautiful explanations thank you

15. Laura Belford

October 6, 2021 at 9:47 pm

That's how you get from Bakasana to handstand! … become a bird.

16. freddie french

October 6, 2021 at 10:15 pm

he has a kind of blankness in his eye

17. freddie french

October 6, 2021 at 10:30 pm

I have been following John Scott for many years – he appears to be deteriorating – and that snake thing on his chin can only be distracting for him and others – i guess he likes to fiddle with it

18. Cynthia Herzog

October 6, 2021 at 11:28 pm

wonderful interview!

19. Alison Newsome

October 7, 2021 at 12:04 am

Great interview really inspiring and informative!!

20. YogaRepublic

October 7, 2021 at 12:10 am

I have been following John Scott for many years , when he was still in the Uk teaching very small groups with he's wife… I have a great respect and always thought that he was the one to bring a good understanding of Ashtanga to Europe with the softness and way of thinking of a British man. What happened to him? Since he moved to New Zealand, not the same man anymore. I believe that he is very knowledgeable, but has managed to take out the fun and freedom of Ashtanga with too many details. Not sure if I make my point clear, as this is not an attack to a great teacher but a true questioning and verbalising of thoughts which I would love to hear another's opinion about. Namaste. S

21. ila ila

October 7, 2021 at 12:21 am

At 4.20 onwards wrists are behind shoulders which is not healthy for wrists. We are supposed to either move hands slightly higher or use feet to move backwards before upward dog I think.?

22. afsoon kayvani

October 7, 2021 at 12:56 am

gentle teaching

23. T T

October 7, 2021 at 1:51 am

Is this vinyasa
    flow?

24. Yoga With Kalidasa

October 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

I really like this transition

25. Maria

October 7, 2021 at 2:49 am

try placing your wrists not under your shoulders but under the tops of the shoulder so they are on a diagonal slightly out in front of the shoulder . that bend in your students wrists is making me wince.

26. Louise T

October 7, 2021 at 3:25 am

You are back lit … makes it hard to see & fully appreciate the beautiful setting

27. TV충성

October 7, 2021 at 4:23 am

안녕. Jesus christ loves you. Jesus died on the cross. Instead of me by loving cana. For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begetton son. That whosoever beliveth in him should not perish. But have everlasting life. Jo 3 : 16. JO 14 : 6. Good action.

28. StephAnn Cayetano

October 7, 2021 at 4:29 am

This is super helpful for fine tuning my technique!

29. Mr. Calmer

October 7, 2021 at 4:34 am

That intro picture behind you Stu! hahaha

30. Sarah Marie

October 7, 2021 at 5:19 am

Over time, there will always be an area (or many) in which yoga really challenges a person. As someone who has practiced yoga for a few years, I've never been able to understand chaturanga and how my body should move. Instructors have tried to guide me but my arm strength has always been weaker than most and my emotions around this pose have grown increasingly jaded. Such blockage mentally can really hold a person back from continuing yoga. This video explained the different poses in such an enlightening way. I'm starting back at the basics with this area of my practice and I'm so thankful for this video and the instructions. Some people are quick to point out things the instructors missed, which is great because I'm able to learn even more through such analysis, but I'm grateful for the details provided. I actually feel as if I can overcome this barrier. Thank you!

31. Promo Codes

October 7, 2021 at 6:13 am

Nice video.From Titow sports.

32. Saloni Singh

October 7, 2021 at 6:31 am

this was very helpful, thanks!

33. Fina Ayu Wardani

October 7, 2021 at 7:30 am

I have difficulty in doing chaturanga and think it is not helpful for me.

34. verve2030

October 7, 2021 at 7:42 am

Worst lighting ever. why not just shoot it in the dark.

35. George Kritikos

October 7, 2021 at 8:28 am

I have been struggling with chaturanga quite some time now….This video is great but I have one question. I don't want to ruin my flow and if I do these modifications they take up so much time during the class. Is there any suggestion?

36. Paula Johnson

October 7, 2021 at 9:14 am

Very helpful…thank you so much!!

37. Elizabeth Frankcom

October 7, 2021 at 9:22 am

No mention of keeping the elbows close to the body, or positioning of arms when in plank, otherwise very helpful.

38. D. James C.

October 7, 2021 at 10:06 am

Hi beautiful location.Is there a reason you PUSH AND SLIDE your feet and back  @ 1:41?  and at 5:35.Is this creating a solid foundation in a shorter downdog? please keep posting videos.

39. SiriPal

October 7, 2021 at 11:02 am

Great advice with the energy lines and the half shalabhasana – thanks for sharing!

TheYogaNews.com:Greet the Day Yoga – Yoga With Adriene

Greet The Day Yoga! Set yourself up for greatness so you can be the awesome and amazing being that you are. This practice starts off slow and steady – focusing the mind as you gently warm up the body.

Stretch, strengthen, and balance the energetic systems of the body to relieve stress, tension, and anxiety. This yoga asks you to start where you are today – and check in with yourself – all parts! This full yoga practice uses the breath to cultivate a mindful awakening through the spine that will leave you with energy and feeling connected.

PS: Just start where you are today.

SUBSCRIBE to the YWA channel for free yoga videos every week and to support high-quality free yoga for all!

Become a FWFG YOGA member!
Join Find What Feels Good and access over 700 videos including yoga and meditation for all levels. Explore daily practices, workshops, in-depth learning, weekly or monthly accountability series, and an opportunity to connect with a one of a kind global community. This is your one-stop-shop for yoga, creativity, wellness, and all things FWFG. Try it FREE for 7 Days!

More at www.yogawithadriene.com
︎ Facebook: Yoga With Adriene
︎ Shop: https://shop.fwfg.com

Yoga With Adriene, LLC recommends that you consult your physician regarding the applicability of any recommendations and follow all safety instructions before beginning any exercise program. When participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself.

Hejka! Bardzo się cieszę, że w końcu udało mi się coś nagrać z Dominikiem. Mam nadzieję, że filmik wam się spodoba!

Kanał Dominika: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFa_z-rytSOpL1xOeWlIOw

Moje social media:
Instagram: kompleksiara
Snapchat: kompleksiaraxx
Musical.ly: kompleksiaraxx

TheYogaNews.com:Funko Pop Star Wars no 2 Yoda

Review of my Funko Pop.
Star Wars no.02 Yoda in the full detailed review!!
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for watching 😉

TheYogaNews.com:That is what yami appears like Yami Gautam swimming in sizzling Yoga Pants YouTube

Sexy Yami Gautam swimming and doing yoga in swimming suit.

Subscribe this channel to get bollywood updates.